9.03.2007

The Labor Day Weekend

Dustin and I headed to Pierre Friday after work. As most of you know, Dustin's parents are moving to Washington, D.C. Pretty exciting, huh?! We are so thrilled for them and can't wait until our first visit out there. I've been there a couple times, but I'm anxious to see the non-tourist things.

Dustin and I assumed that the weekend would be spent helping them pack. Turns out, they have people that are going to do that for them. Sweet! So, we packed up some of Dustin's things that his parents will no longer store (I had to do that a couple years ago and my parents aren't even moving anywhere!). We also packed up a few things that we are going to keep for them while they are gone. We scored a ladder, a snow-blower, a poker table, a book shelf (cause I really need another one!) and a bunch of other stuff. The best though ... we're keeping their boat for them while they're gone! We took it out for one last hurrah on the river yesterday. Even though I managed to get a sunburn (I know, I know, very surprising) it was still a great time.

We're keeping our fingers crossed that it's nice out next weekend, I've been hearing talk of rain, because we really want to take this out one last time. After next weekend, my schedule is jam-packed again!

No comments: