2.08.2008

My Mantra

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
~Maya Angelou~

I shouldn't say that this is my mantra. This WILL be my mantra. Things haven't been real great at work lately. It's been very busy and, at times, very frustrating. It doesn't look like things will change anytime soon and I've noticed that I've been complaining a lot lately. I don't like it. There is nothing that I can do that will change the way things have been going, but I can control how I react to it.

2 comments:

mrswade said...

This is good advice for all of us. I'm as guilty as you. I actually made it one of my goals on my quarterly goal setting meeting with Teri to find two positive things in a bad situation rather than looking at all the horrible things that have/may come from it.

Heather Mangan said...

I think you should call me up and we work on drowning your troubles at Skinners!