7.23.2008

South Dakota's Own

Last night I had the privilege of attending a concert at Pioneer Park featuring the 147th Army Band of the South Dakota Army National Guard. I used to be a member of this band and it was so wonderful to see everyone again. There were a lot of new faces that I didn't recognize, which happens when you don't see everyone for 4+ years! They sounded amazing, as usual, and there were so many people in attendance. The concert band, jazz band and rock band all performed.

I only had a couple people try to talk me into re-enlisting, which didn't surprise me at all. Re-enlistment is doubtful, but seeing my guard family again sure brought back a lot of memories and made me miss them. But then they started tearing down and loading equipment into the truck ... I don't miss that at all! If you ever have an opportunity to take in a performance from this group, I strongly encourage you to do so!

Might have to take out the old saxophone ...

No comments: