8.07.2008

Sioux Valley High School - Class of 1998

I sometimes have trouble believing that I have been out of high school for 10 years now. Either way, my 10 year reunion came and went. We all got together the first weekend of August and we had a great turnout. My graduating class had about 60 students and we had around 30 show up for the reunion (plus a few significant others).

We started out Friday night at Cubby's with an informal gathering, followed by a school tour and golfing on Saturday (I missed out on those to attend my cousin's wedding). Saturday night was dinner at the golf course in Volga and after dinner, we all headed to the bar on Main. We were pretty much the only ones there and, true to form, we closed the place down. Let's talk about the last time I stayed up past midnight, or even 10. I finally crawled into bed a 3 a.m. Exhausted!

All in all it was a great weekend. I wasn't sure if I was looking forward to it or not. Now ... I can't wait for the next one!

Me and Jason Kratochvil - Jason was our class president Senior year

Chad is trying to rival my belly ... close, but no cigar!
Chad Nielson, Heidi Meyer, Randy Santema, me, Nathan Schumacher, Jeremiah Norwood & Jason Kratochvil

Chad Nielson, me & Pat Hanson
I spent a majority of the weekend with someone touching my belly waiting for the little bambino to kick!

Told you we had a good turnout ... here's the majority of my classmates
We sure missed those of you that weren't able to attend!

We had to move it outside to get the class and their significant others

2 comments:

m--e said...

Awww... awesome! I missed my 10-year this summer and I guess I'm not too sad about that. I really enjoyed the photo of baby-to-be! I'll be back in Brookings October 13th for sure, so either I will get to see you huge or with a newborn!! (right on my dates?)

cmb said...

It was so much fun. You are right on your dates. I'm due October 18th (which is opening pheasant, so it may be sooner). :) I can't wait to see you!
I've been meaning to tell you that you made the Brookings Register, I'll have to save the article for you (it was from that girl that's writing about the Olympics. She talked about her visit to your office.)