8.24.2008

Weekend Update

This weekend started out wonderfully. I had a wedding rehearsal Friday night and then the wedding on Saturday. I played piano for a lovely couple (that I don't know ... the bride's mother used to work with my mother) and Dustin assisted me. The photographer came over while I was playing the prelude music and took some close-up shots of my music. He also took some close-ups of my hands while I was playing. I'm hoping that I can track him down and maybe buy a couple prints. It would be cool to have something like that hanging in my piano room! After the reception, Dustin and I went home where we enjoyed a fire on our patio and some NASCAR/football. We're both so ready for football season to start!

Today, we picked up the house and got some laundry started. Then we headed out to run some errands. I stopped and bought a couple books that my book group has selected and got some new kicks too (thank goodness for my paying piano gigs!). Then off to get groceries, etc. Just your average, run-of-the-mill Sunday.

We returned home to water in our basement ... again. Ugh. We're pretty sure this keeps happening because of our tree in the front yard. So, we do the roto-rooter (??) thing and get some root killer for the pipes and then we're good for a while. Our plan is call the city and see who might be responsible for the sewer line. If they are, we get a new line. If we are ... we buy stock in root killer stuff. :)

To make ourselves feel better, I made some fresh salsa (with tomatoes and jalapenos from Dustin's garden). Yummy!! Now we're relaxing before we have to go back to work tomorrow. Weekends are never long enough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure hope there is some salsa left when we get there!