12.27.2008

Preston's Baptism

He was good through the whole thing ... until I had to take his bottle away for this part!

Preston's aunts and uncles were his sponsors.
Nichole & Randy and Bryan & Jessica


Such a little man!

And of course, the cake that my mom made.

Preston was baptized on Sunday, December 21. We were originally going to have the baptism during the 10:45 service. However, a blizzard the weekend before canceled services and the Sunday school program was moved to the 21st. So we moved the baptism to the 8:30 service. As you all know, the weather was less than favorable on Saturday and it was so bitterly cold on Sunday. Dad said that there were about 47 people at church that morning and 16 of them were there for the baptism! We almost had a private baptism. We had planned to have lunch after the service (and were going to use the pork loin that I picked up in my shopping spree), but lunch was changed to brunch and it was moved to mom and dad's house to avoid the mass of children and parents. Mom and I took care of most of the food on Saturday. Thanks again mom!

Now the cool part. My mom found a suit for Preston to wear and we took the suit and my wedding dress to my mom's talented friend Kristen (who's like a second mom to me). She took some of the bead work and added it to his shirt and cuffs on his pants and made a little pocket square too. She then took the rest of my dress and made the most beautiful quilt I have ever seen! We also used the handkerchief that I gave to my great-grandmother (I found it in Switzerland and it has her initial on it). Nichole used the handkerchief at Allie's baptism too and I wrapped it around my bouquet at my wedding.

Thank you to everyone for making Preston's baptism so special for us!

No comments: