6.26.2012

Preston Goes to the Rodeo

A couple weekeds ago, I took Preston to the rodeo in Estelline. We went with Nichole, Turner, Allie, Courtney and Kiera and met up with Matt, Jessica and Camden.
Preston had a blast!


 Getting pretty dirty from all the dust flying

 The boot race
I wasn't sure if Preston would actually participate, as he kept running back and forth.


 As you can see, he chose to participate.
He didn't really understand the rules ... the kids were to remove their boots (or shoes) and throw them in a pile. From the starting line, they had to race over, put their boots back on and race back.

Preston kind of cheated, as he didn't remove his shoes. The clown determined that he got second place and he got a $10 prize. I felt kind of bad, since technically he cheated.
I decided it all worked out though since the rodeo personnel didn't follow their own rules with the mutton busting, which prevented Camden from participating. Karma, right?

 He took a spill while in the arena which left him even more dirty than he was before!

 Howdy ma'am!

My little cowpoke!
Preston borrowed Camden's hat for a bit. He looks so darn cute in it that I might have to get him one of his own!

We had such a great time, even though we were filthy by the end of it. We both promptly took showers once we returned home that evening!
I can't wait for the next rodeo in our area so we can go again! I forgot how much I love them.

No comments: