7.07.2012

4th of July Fun

Tuesday night before the fourth we headed to Bruce, which has become a tradition for the Hovey clan. Mike and Louise, my uncle and aunt, host a gathering every year and their neighbors put on quite a fireworks show.

 The kids had their fireworks show first.


My cousin's daughter, Grace, was quite enamored with Dustin and spent most of the evening with him. :)


Lilli Jo was enthralled with the fireworks.

 Allie displaying her sparkler cheerleading skills.

After spending the previous evening in the heat, we decided to forego the 4th of July activities in Brookings. We filled up the pool and let the kids play for a bit.



We also decided to skip the fireworks display that evening. It was the first time in a very long time that I didn't go and I was slightly bummed about it. But it was still so darn hot out at night that I just couldn't do it. I went to get a drink of water before bed and noticed that someone just to the South of us was shooting off some pretty impressive fireworks. So Dustin and I sat on the patio and enjoyed their display for a bit.  :)

I hope everyone had a great 4th!

No comments: