10.08.2007

26.2

They did it! My parents (along with some of their friends) finished the Twin Cities Marathon!! They all did such an amazing job too. We had a great time cheering them on, along with all the other marathoners. They truly are an inspiration! You can check out my parents times here (just type in Bjerke and select SD; you'll have to select Medtronics Twin Cities Marathon to see the full results!).

The marathoners before the start

10,000 runners!

Mile 7.5

Mile 13

Mile 17


Mile 19

Mile 23

The final .2 miles!!

THE FINISHERS!!

Our Crew

I think what truly amazed me was how great they looked the whole time. It almost seemed like running 26.2 miles didn't even phase them. I'm so proud of my parents and this incredible accomplishment. They still aren't sure if this will be their one and only marathon, but if they ever decide to run one again you can bet that we'll all be there cheering them on again.

No comments: