10.03.2007

Ugh

That's the only way to describe the last two days. Dustin and I were both home sick Monday and Tuesday with the flu. Not fun. Today we both felt better and made it through a whole day of work. However, I am now ready for bed. I'm still very tired and weak. It's shocking how laying around for two days can be so exhausting.

Being sick has not helped with the practicing for the wedding that I have to play for next weekend. So, tonight I sat down for an hour and practiced all my songs that I will play (prelude, ceremony and postlude). I've done the prelude, processional, recessional and postlude before. This does not worry me. For the first time, I will be playing during the lighting of the unity candle. I've accompanied singers before ... twice. Never has it just been me. I'm a little nervous and am having flashbacks to my recital days. Yikes!

Riddle me this ... I struggled through a few songs (I know it's only because I'm tired; I've played these songs millions of times before) however, when I broke out some Chopin Nocturnes, I played them flawlessly. I haven't played Chopin in ages. Interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I JUST DISCOVERED HOW TO ANSWER YOUR BLOG. I AM GLAD YOU ARE GETTING OVER THE FLU AND DO KNOW IT SAPS ALL OF YOUR ENERGY.
I HAVE HAD COMPANY FOR A WEEK FOR OUR HOMECOMING, BRUCE WAS HERE FROM CALIF. FOR HIS CLASS OF 1967 AND MY BROTHER WAS HERE FRO, COLO. SPRINGS FOR HIS 60 YEAR REUNIOB. WE HAD A GREAT TIME BUT WAS I EVER TIRED.
COME SEE ME WHEN YOU CAN. I HAVE A DRIEND WHO HAS A DAUGHTER KIVING IN BROOKINGS AND WE ARE COMING UP BUT I WILL CHECK OUT YOY SCHEDULE BEFORE WE COME. LOVE GRANDMA TREGO