11.06.2007

At least I avoided the hospital ...

As most of you already know, I've been out of commission for the last few days. Since Thursday to be exact. I had a minor, irritating bump on my leg that turned out to be a staph infection. It hurt ... a lot! Anyway, I've been laid up since then doing my best to recover. I've been in to see the doctor a few times (redressing the wound and stuff ... don't worry, I'll spare everyone the details. It's bad enough that I had to go through it). I go to the doctor again tomorrow and hopefully they have good news for me. At least we know it's not MRSA!! As much as I'm enjoying this lovely vacation, I'm getting a little bored and stir crazy. Daytime tv is great (note the sarcasm).

Anyway, my grandparents had a lovely bouquet of flowers delivered, as did my parents (pictured). Rachel and Lisa also stopped by over a lunch hour to visit and bring me some flowers. I have a regular floral shop in my living room! I have also had tons of calls from Dustin's parents and grandparents. His Grandma Trego even stayed with us this weekend, which was a huge blessing.

Rachel also made supper for me and Dustin last night, which was so greatly appreciated ... and really delicious!

We're both pretty tired of this whole thing and ready for it to be over. Dustin has definitely earned himself the husband of the year award. He has been so great through this whole thing, driving me to the doctor, not passing out during the procedures!!

So, a big thank you to everyone that has called or stopped by to check on me. I'm cautiously optomistic that all will be well very soon. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

1 comment:

mrswade said...

Just so everyone knows, I got to hear all the gory details! Glad to know you're on the mend Christi. We sure miss you. Let me know if you need anything.