12.02.2007

'Tis the Season!

My company holiday party was held Friday and Saturday night (Nov. 30 and Dec. 1). I've been filling the position of Employee Committee president this year and though I wasn't on the planning committee for the party, I did create all the marketing elements for it.

Friday night was packed, we had approximately 900 people in attendance. (After maxing out the Swiftel Center last year, we had to hold the party over two nights this year.)

I awoke Saturday morning to snow ... lots and lots of snow. There were times throughout the day that we wondered if we would even have the party that evening. But 7" of snow won't keep us crazy South Dakotans from a good party. While we were expecting 800 people Saturday night, we ended up with approximately 425. It was still a great time and everyone really enjoyed themselves.

Both nights featured music from the SDSU String Ensemble. They were fantastic! And guests enjoyed games of Texas Hold'Em, Black Jack, Roulette and Craps. Guests were also able to enter into drawings for various prizes and we held a live drawing at the end of each night. Employees still received door prizes and we still had our grand prize drawings. Two lucky employees (one from each night) went home with a Wii. I was really hoping that we wouldn't draw names of people that were in attendance and that I might be able to take it home! No such luck.

Hats off to the committee that planned the event and to the rest of my Employee Committee members for helping to pull it all off.

"Lucky You" was the theme for this year's company holiday party


Amanda, Dawn and myself enjoying the activities

1 comment:

mrswade said...

Once again, I've got to tell you that I thought things went very well. Congratulations on a job well done!