11.22.2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I think it's because everyone seems to forget about it. Christmas season begins the day after Halloween, which drives me insane. I have a strict rule that I don't listen to Christmas music or do anything related to Christmas until after Thanksgiving. It gets harder and harder each year. I'm pretty sure all the stores have been playing Christmas carols since Halloween.
While I don't recall doing it every year, I have recited this prayer (from Dear Abby) for several Thanksgivings and wanted to share it with everyone ...

Oh, Heavenly Father,
We thank thee for food and remember the hungry.
We thank thee for health and remember the sick.
We thank thee for friends and remember the friendless.
We thank thee for freedom and remember the enslaved.
May these remembrances stir us to service,
That thy gifts to us may be used for others. Amen.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! And don't worry, you can start celebrating Christmas tomorrow!

2 comments:

m--e said...

I found a country that is much crazier about Christmas!! The Philippines are 95% Catholic, and they start playing Christmas carols in SEPTEMBER!!!! I was just there and this fact was related to me by a real, live Philippino.

cmb said...

You have got to be kidding me! I would go insane!!! My cousin's wife is from the Phillipines ... I should ask her about that. I wonder when they decorated for Christmas?!