1.05.2008

The Shelf

I've been wanting a shelf like this for quite some time, especially after we took the Christmas tree down and rearranged the living room. After searching online and not quite finding what I wanted (or the price I wanted), my sister and I went to Sioux Falls today. We went to three different stores before I found one that I liked. I got quite the bargain on it, spending about $50 less than what I thought I would have to. Since I got such a bargain, Nichole and I decided to go downtown and see if we could find anything to put on my shelf. We ended up at Ten Thousand Villages (I love this store!) and I found the star and elephant you see on the top shelf. The star is actually a puzzle box from India and the elephant is carved out of some type of translucent stone from Pakistan. I intended to buy only one thing but I loved these both so much that I just couldn't choose!

P.S. Thank you to Mom and Dad, Jeff and Cindy, and Grandma and Grandpa Beringer ... I used some of my Christmas money to get the shelf and trinkets!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good - I think going with that one was a smart choice. Now that I see it I think the other one would have looked funny!

mrswade said...

I love it. And it looks great. Can't wait to see it in person.