5.26.2008

I Heart Long Weekends

There's nothing better than a long weekend. Knowing you get that extra day makes all the difference in the world. We did nothing on Saturday. I literally mean nothing. We did manage to do the dusting and "swiffering", but other than that we didn't do much. We went out to Rolfie and Anne's (my uncle and aunt) Saturday night for some grilling. We had hoped for a bonfire, but the wind was terrible so that was a no-go. But it was still a fun night and the food was great! Thanks again Rolfie and Anne!

Sunday morning we awoke to a hail storm. That was fun. I thought a tree was going to come crashing through our roof or something. But by the time church was over it had turned into a beautiful day and shortly after lunch, we were on the lake!

Lake Sinai

Lake Sinai

The fisherman (?)

Dustin fished (if you can call it that, he didn't catch anything!) and I read my book. I've never been a lake person and I'm starting to wonder if that's because we never had a boat. Now, I think I'm a lake person. It was gorgeous and so peaceful out there. I love to waterski, but that's not an option for me this summer. I don't think my doctor would approve! But if all I can do is sit out there and read, I am more than okay with that!

We saved the lawn work for this morning. I mowed the front and Dustin mowed the back. Our neighbor told us this morning that our lawn looks the best it has since they moved in about 10 years ago. Dustin is quite proud!! He always says his dad had a nice lawn and he intends to have a nice lawn as well. So thanks, Jeff!!

Tonight is grilling at Mom and Dad's, which I always look forward to. I hope everyone had a great long weekend and Happy Memorial Day!! Thank you to all those who serve and have served.

1 comment:

mrswade said...

Sounds really lovely. I almost sent you a text this morning telling you to go back to bed. LOL! But I know what you mean about long weekends. I've done all those nasty chores that pile up and never get done. Blech. But now I'm relaxing. Ahhhh.