12.03.2008

My Shopping Spree!

My name was drawn as the winner of the ONE CARD's 7th annual shopping spree at Jager's Grocery in Volga (this was all through my bank - every time I used my card in September and October, my name was entered for the drawing). The time of my shopping spree was determined by the temperature at noon on Labor Day - 82 degrees. I had 82 seconds to run through the store and grab as much as I could.

Of course, there were a few "rules" to follow: I was limited to 3 meat items, only food items and I could only get one of each item. I had to push my own cart and I had to get at least one item from each aisle.

A couple weeks ago, mom met us at Jager's after church and we scoped out the store. We walked down the aisles, making a list of items that I should get and we checked out the meat situation. They had big packages of hamburger, so I knew I wanted one of those, and I wanted a roast too. We had decided to do pork loin for Preston's upcoming baptism, so I had to make sure I grabbed one of those!

Here's what I got:
Half & Half, Creamer, Ice Cream, Milk, Butter, Parmesan Cheese,
American Cheese, Olives, Brown Sugar, Ketchup, Baby Rice, Doritos,
Bread, Macaroni, Nesquick, Crackers, Peanuts, Coke, Vanilla, Chocolate Chips,
Cheerios, Miracle Whip, Sugar (10 lbs), Flour (a big bag),
Starbucks Ground Coffee, Walnuts, Crisco Oil (a big bottle), Formula, Chuck Roast, Ground Beef, Pork Loin, and Potatoes


I set a new record with my haul too ... $193.78! Last year's winner only got around $149 worth of groceries. It was so much fun. The Volga Tribune was there too to cover the whole thing. We have video of it and once I figure out how to get it to my computer, I'll post it so you can all see how crazy I looked!

3 comments:

NWO Observer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Christy,

That is some good luck with the free food. Love the picts of your little one. I just got the internet up an running over here in Japan.

Love

Wayne

Heather Mangan said...

Oh that sounds like loads of fun! Too bad they wouldn't let you get diapers, but glad to see you got some baby food.