5.13.2012

Brookings Marathon 2012

For the first time in about seven or eight years, I didn't volunteer with the Brookings Marathon, Half Marathon and Relay.

This year, my parents and their friends, Jennifer and Dodie, ran the marathon. Dustin and the kids came out with me and Nichole, Allie and Turner joined as well, as we provided support along the course. I've been providing support for the last few weeks as they did their long training runs.

I couldn't be more proud of "my" runners! They did such an amazing job and Mom and Dad even improved on their Twin City Marathon time!

 Mile 4

 Preston, Lilli Jo and I went to the kids fun run Friday night, in conjunction with the Scotty Roberts 5K, and made a poster to help cheer on Grandma and Grandpa!

 Our crew


 Mile 7


 Mile 10


 Mile 13


 Mile 14



 Mile 16
The ambulance wasn't for any of them! A runner had an allergic reaction or something, we later heard that person was fine.

 Leaving Mile 16
Jennifer had the shirts made for their group. All our names are listed on the back!



 Between Mile 20 and Mile 21


 Just before Mile 22


 Preston offered his assistance directing traffic for the runners.


Between Mile 23 and Mile 24


 Between Mile 24 and Mile 25
Grandpa Gerald even came out to cheer on our runners. He waited here at The Pheasant for them to run by. They were so surprised to see him there!


 Finish Strong!!


 THEY DID IT!!!!

5 hours, 23 minutes
Awesome!

 Congratulations!!
You all did an amazing job!

Preston wearing Grandma's medal.


Check out the video of them crossing the finish line!

I am so incredibly proud of my parents. Two marathons under the belt and and a number of 5Ks and half marathons as well. Nichole and I informed them that in a couple years we're ready to head to another big city marathon, like Kansas City!
We'll see ...


No comments: