9.12.2007

Another end to a chapter in my fascinating book of life

Today I decided that I will no longer be instructing my lone student in piano. Most of you know that I have been considering this for quite some time. I have been instructing him for three or four years now and it has become increasingly apparent that he is no longer interested. Of course there are several other mitigating circumstances that have led me to this decision. Next Tuesday will be our final lesson. I'm still not quite sure how I feel about this. Several people have told me that I should not feel bad about this. While I agree with them completely, it's difficult to not feel bad. I think it has something to do with the fact that piano is such a passion of mine and I was hoping that maybe my student would feel the same way. Now I have the opportunity to find another student that has that same passion and will enjoy learning. Or as my mother put it to me today ... "Even if you never teach again, you can always include that in your autobiography"!

No comments: