9.16.2007

I'm in awe ...

My parents are going to run the Twin Cities Marathon the first weekend of October. We're all heading up there to cheer them on. Today, they ran 18 miles. I got up at 6 this morning and headed out with my mom's friend Kristen and her daughter Sheena (who's a good friend of mine). We followed them along the Brookings Marathon route and cheered them on and provided drinks and power bars too.
I am so proud of my parents right now. They keep saying that never in their lives did they think they would run 18 miles, but they did it. And they did an excellent job to boot!
They are going to run the Jackrabbit 15 next weekend, which should be no problem for them now! Unfortunately, I won't be here next weekend to cheer them on, but I'm sure they'll do a great job!
Now there's talk that Kristen, Sheena and I will train to run the Breast Cancer 5k in Sioux Falls next year ... I haven't run since I was in the National Guard and I never ran before that either. It should be interesting. But I can't help but be inspired by my parents. You guys are awesome!

No comments: